Atlantic Coast Life Insurance Company is committed to providing insurance products and services designed to meet your needs. We value you as a customer and are committed to respecting your privacy and protecting the information about you that we may receive. We have prepared this notice to advise you of what information we collect, how we use it, and how we protect it.
What Information We Collect: We collect and maintain personal information in order to service and administer our customer relationships and transactions, and to carry out other business functions that are permitted or required under state or federal law. Most of the personal information that we collect and save is obtained directly from our customers. The types of information we may collect include:
– Information you provide to us as part of the underwriting and application process, such as name, address, social security number, birth date, and health history.
– Information we receive from other sources such as physicians, testing laboratories, consumer reporting agencies.
-Information about your health condition that we obtain from health care providers. Health information will be collected as we deem appropriate to determine eligibility for coverage, to process claims, to prevent fraud, and as authorized by you, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
What Information We Disclose: We may disclose all the information we collect, as described above. We may share personal information in the following types of situations:
– We may disclose all the personal information we collect to service providers, such as insurance agents, third party administrators, data processing companies and other entities that assist us in providing services to you on your behalf.
– We may disclose health information to determine eligibility for coverage, to process claims, to prevent fraud, and as authorized by you, or as otherwise permitted by law.
– We may also disclose all the information we collect as permitted or required by law. For example, we may disclose information to law enforcement agencies or state insurance authorities.
Our Privacy Protection Procedures: We maintain procedures and technology designed to prevent unauthorized access to personal information. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural protections in accordance with applicable standards to protect personal information. We restrict access to personal information to employees and service providers for legitimate business purposes to assist in providing products or services to you.
This notice has been provided to you in compliance with Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and is for information purposes only. No action on your part is required.